Sometimes it’s hard to get anything done around here. Kids, Hubs, Meals, School, Work, kids, Hubs… you know…
I am finishing Prudence up as quickly as I can and The Hubs is giving me a little extra time to get her done. After she’s finished, I am going to take a much needed break from pattern designing to re-focus on being a Mom. Then, I’m hoping that all the kids and Hubs and meals and school and work won’t be so overwhelming.
Don’t worry, it shouldn’t take anything away from the blog! In fact, I’m hoping it will give me more time to do projects and more time to blog about them! Fun stuff!
Here’s some pics of my work area while I work on writing up the pattern:
Poor Prudence! Her hair is all mussed up from me measuring and messing with it. Her skirt is up, it’s practically indecent! Yes, that is 30Rock in the background for some noise pollution. It’s a little untidy on my cutting table… so much fabric, so many unfinished projects….
And my sewing desk… owl costume, basket of ribbon (that’s grosgrain ribbon I found at the $Tree!) And lots of bias tape, waiting to be ironed.
Meh, it will all come together in no time!!
What does your space look like when you’re hard at work? Is it just as messy as mine?
Say hello to Prudence! I’m really excited about her and I’m hoping to have her pattern finished and ready for you by the end of the month…. that’s only 2 weeks away though and I’m not the best with deadlines… but I will remain eternally positive!
Her shoes aren’t quite finished yet, but the rest of her is pretty spot on…. I’ve got plans for a boy doll too, and I thought I would call him Maxwell, but that might be a little too Beatles, so I’m still thinking…
Thank you for looking! I’m excited to get her ready for you!
Linked up to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
Are you ready for a new pattern? I certainly am!! Here it is- the Billy Bright Eyes Snappy Tee Shirt. You can purchase it on Etsy now.
Check this adorable pattern out!
The Billy Bright Eyes Snappy Tee is really well-fitting and features snaps on the shoulder to fit those adorable big baby heads! It’s a fairly simple pattern with full instructions and diagrams to illustrate steps that might be confusing or slightly problematic. The pattern has 3 sleeve options- a long sleeve- perfect for the upcoming fall weather…
… a henley style cuffed sleeve for a nice comfy look. This style can be used with interlock, but it looks even better with a waffle knit (you might want to choose a size smaller when using waffle knit).
There is also a short cuffed sleeve option for bright summer days. Or wear the short sleeve shirt over a long sleeve one on cold winter days- that’s one of my favorite looks for boys or girls!
Above, you can see the snappy shoulder.
It makes for some fun times at the park! The tee shirt is really easy to put together. It’s also fun and easy to embellish- I’ll post some embellishment tutorials in the next few days.
So there you go! The Billy Bright Eyes Snappy Tee. Buy it on Etsy.
Read Reviews on:
- Busy, Beautiful and on a Budget
- Love Bug Living
- Feather’s Flights
The other day I woke up and my floor was freezing! It was perfect weather to put on a pair of socks. Mmmmmmm….. fall, my favorite time of year- time for soups and root veggies, sweaters and wristwarmers while I work on the computer and yes, socks. Ankle socks, knee socks, bobby socks, warm socks, pretty socks, colorful socks!
In honor of the lovely sock weather, here’s a round up of some fun ways to make your own socks or spice up ones you already own… fun stuff! Check out these tutorials!
1. Make your own socks from knit fabric with Me Sew Crazy. This one looks like a lot of fun- think of all the socks you could make!
2. Lace Socks Tutorial from I Still Love You – these are so cute and easy!
3. Here’s a Sock Tutorial for socks without seams bothering your heel! Nice! From The Flowery Skirt
4. Another Sock Tutorial- this one is specifically for fleece – from Instructables.com.
5. This pair almost makes me want to knit, from Cozy Things
6. Here’s a pair for your gentlemen friends from Yarn Harlot.
Now that you’ve made some amazing gorgeous socks, let’s spice up the ones you already have!
7. You could Tie Dye your socks with Crafting A Green World.
8. Or sew on some Stegosaurus Spikes to some ready made socks (or ones you are making!) – from Happy Together.
9. Add some cute ruffles to baby socks or your socks, with The Mother Huddle.
10. Or some pretty lace at the top of your knee socks, from Better Life Bags.
11. Here’s a way to re-purpose an old sweater sleeve into adorable baby socks! (from Made By Joel)
12. Not making or decorating socks, but here is a bag for stashing lost socks from the L-T experience.
And then there are some cute things you can make from socks!
13. Make a sweet little owl from mismatched socks from Whimsy Loft.
14. And look at this darling little kitty from a guest post on Craft Passion.
If you’re doing the Kid’s Clothes Sewing Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley, most of these would be awesome to use. But don’t forget to do some for yourself as well!
Tell me about your favorite pair of socks or what you’re doing to warm up your feet this fall….
Ok, I’m totally lame. Wow. I told Caroline that I would let you all know about her review and giveaway a couple days ago and I totally fell down on the job. ::bagoverhead::
I am telling you about it now and you still have a day a day to enter the contest!
Caroline, over at Living Life Busy, Beautiful and on A Budget has reviewed my Billy Bright Eyes Snappy Tee pattern and she’s also hosting a giveaway of the pattern. Go see what she has to say!
Speaking of reviews- Melissa at Love Bug Living has also reviewed the pattern and she also has an awesome fun blog, so go check that out too!
Both of these ladies are a lot of fun and have some great ideas, so go check their blogs out!
Living Life Busy, Beautiful and on A Budget
Love Bug Living